AZ Balloon Artists posing for a pic!

AZ Balloon Artists posing for a pic!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Unpoppables TV Show

As a balloon artist, I absolutely love the new show on TLC called "Unpoppables". The program portrays a very realistic view of the daily problems that occur while trying to design, create and deliver a balloon art sculpture. The art of twisting balloons to create works of art is not new, but it has never been put in front of the camera quite like this before.

One thing that does make me giggle every time I watch this show is that the artists keep saying what they are doing "has never been done before". Of course not...they just designed it...but the need for these artists to be unique really shines through on this show.

I would also like to see how these balloon artists deal with their spouses. Mine is not thrilled to be pulled into my studio and forced to blow up balloons. But if I ask him to build a metal frame for me....he is there! He is an Engineer with a need to build. So I hope to have one of the largest collections of balloon frames one day!

I hope the balloon artists will consider doing a wedding reception where they work along side florists to create beautiful centerpieces and buffet table decorations. This would really give the public some insight on the use of balloons in weddings and how florists can improve their artistic flare with the use of balloon twisting instead of always using round balloons floating on top of their creations.

-Tobi at AZ Balloon Artists